1. Server IP: play.minesharp.net
  2. Minesharp Official Discord: https://discord.gg/ZECT4CC

Accepted VGStudios_Playz's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by VG, Jul 18, 2017.

?

Do you want me as staff?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. With improvement, yes!

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VG

VG OG Member

APPLICATION MARKED FOR FINAL REVIEW!

Hey there!

My name is Evan, also known as VG. Welcome to my staff application! I hope it is nice to read, and easy to understand!

What is your Minecraft username?
    -My IGN is VGStudios_Playz. My other IGNs can be viewed here. (https://namemc.com/profile/VGStudios_Playz.1)
    My Discord name is Evan|VGStudiosPlayz#9124. Discord is used for Interviews, Staff Meetings, and more.

How long have you been playing on Minesharp?
    -I have been playing since the 29th of August, 2016. That's over a year! I am one of the oldest players on Minesharp, winning the Most OG award in the Minesharp Awards from a few months ago.

How old are you?
    -I am currently 12 years old.

What country and timezone are you in?
    -I live in Canada, and my timezone is AST (Atlantic Standard Time).

On average, how many hours per week do you play?
    - This is the timetable used for Christmas Break, Spring Break, or any other time that I am off school.
    Monday: 8-10 hours
    Tuesday: 5-7 hours
    Wednesday: 8-10 hours
    Thursday: 6-8 hours
    Friday: 12-14 hours
    Saturday: 10-12 hours
    Sunday: 7-10 hours

This is the timetable for a School Week.
    Monday: 2-3 hours
    Tuesday: 3-4 hours
    Wednesday: 1 hour
    Thursday: 1 hour
    Friday: 6-8 hours
    Saturday: 10-12 hours
    Sunday: 7-10 hours

Do you have any past Moderation experience? If so, how can you use it to benefit Minesharp?
    -I have quite a lot of experience as a staff member, on a few different servers.

SurvivalSquad
    -Back in 2013, I single-handedly ran a server on an old account named "oicleevan2005". It lasted quite a while, around 5 months. I shut it down after that time because a simply got bored of it.

After finishing with SurvivalSquad, I took a long (3 year) break from Minecraft. I only came back when I found out about Minesharp. I didn't get a staff position until this next server.

VoxelCraft
    -I became staff on VoxelCraft in January of 2017, and helped with the small, but awesome community there. I've become good friends with the Owner, and even though I have resigned from the server, still play quite consistently.

AzurianMines
    -I became Helper on AzurianMines in June of 2017, after resigning from VoxelCraft. It definitely wasn't as fun as VoxelCraft, and I didn't play as much a part in here then on there, as well, but there was still plenty of fun times.
    The server was recently shut down, due to issues with the hosting, however I am still Moderator on the Owner's discord.

Apart from that, I have been a staff member on multiple different Discord servers, and I have owned my own twice.

And here we are, applying for staff on Minesharp.

What would you do to make Minesharp a better environment?
    -I wouldn't just help, I would use all my energy to be as helpful as possible. I would always put the community first, and make it my goal to have everyone on the server happy. Whether or not I'm in a good mood, I would put my personal feelings to side, and help the community as much as possible. I would put others before myself and have the community as my priority, not myself or my personal achievements. I would be a good influence, bringing positive vibes to the server, as hippie as it may sound. I would welcome new players, and always make them feel welcome. I will treat everyone equally and not spend all my time on one person. Whenever anyone needs help with anything, whether it be something along the lines of "How do I make an island", or "How do I find out how to craft something", I would help the player to the best of my ability. I will be very active, and when I am online, be interacting with the community, and having a fun time.

-I have noticed, during my time on Minesharp, that sometimes, staff will go afk out of nowhere, and when players ask the staff members for help, since they are afk, they will not respond, yet the player doesn't know. I will always have my Minecraft open, helping people, even when I am doing other things. I will also say when I am going afk, so that players will know when I am afk.

-I would deal with the rulebreakers in the correct way, not being harsh and disrespectful, but by punishing the player. Explained more thoroughly below.

Punishments
    -If someone was breaking the rules, I would punish them using these guidelines.

-If a player was spamming, or using excessive caps, I would first warn the player, and if they continue, I would temp mute the player for 15 minutes. If the same player was spamming again, I would mute them for 30 minutes, 45, etc.
    If a player was disrespecting a player, I would warn the player, followed by a 30 minute temp mute if continued.

-If a player was advertising, I would mute them using these factors.
    If the player was a newly joined member, I would perm mute the player. If it was an active player, I would mute the player for 2 weeks-1 month, depending on the severity.

-If a player scammed another player, I would ask the player who was saying they were scammed to make a report on the forums. I would look at the post, and see if it was valid for a punishment. If it was, I would ban the player for 1 week. If the player continued, I would increase the ban time by a week.

-If a player was hacking, I would punish the player depending on these factors.
    If a player was hacking in PvP, I would PvP ban the player for 1 week. If the player continued, I would increase the ban time by a week each punishment. If a player was using semi-harmless hacks, like speed, or fly hacks, I would ban the player for 1 week. If a player was using duplication glitches, using a hacked client for anything that wouldn't necessarily damage the server, I would ban the player for 2 weeks. If a player was hacking, and doing something with the hacks that would damage the server and/or make it unusable, I would immediately permanently ban the player from Minesharp.

Greifing, in my opinion is the worst thing that a player can do to a server. You don't even achieve anything from doing it, it's just for "lols". If I were to catch someone greifing, I would immediately permanently ban the player from Minesharp. No questions asked.

Why should we choose you as staff and not someone else?
    -Sometimes, people will cast me aside, due to the fact that my age group is quite young, but I see myself as quite capable to be a staff member, even with my young age. My friends quite often turn to me whenever they need someone that is mature, and helpful, and I am happy to help!

-I know that the Helper position is not just a green tag, and extra perms. In fact, the perms and tag are the least of my concerns. I just love helping people, and becoming Helper is just the next step.

-I am very smart for my age, in fact, I was one of the 3 people in my class that got Honours with Distinction. I know a lot about Minecraft, and I can use that knowledge to help Minesharp!

-Sometimes, people will give up after working on something for a while, however, I am not like that. Whenever I am faced with a problem, I will persevere, and try to find a way around it. If someone asked me for help, and I wasn't entirely sure how to help them, I would try and figure out some possible methods, suggest them to the person, and see if it works.

-I am known to be compassionate, relatable, etc. Whenever someone is feeling down, I take the time to talk to them about it. If they don't want me to, that's perfectly fine, but whenever someone needs someone to talk to, I'm always there.

-If a member of Minesharp ever feels like I disrespected them, I will always try to make it up to them. I've done that with a few people, and they've become really good friends.

-I can follow guidelines that higher staff members give me, whether I agree with them or not. I will not argue with staff members, whether it be about recruitment of staff members, rules or procedures, etc.

-I am one of the oldest members of Minesharp, which means I am friends with a lot of people, and staff members (DB, Vader, Milk, etc).

-The staff qualities that the staff team wants future staff to have, that was added for the Summer Update thread.
    • Be very active. I am very active, and I can play quite a lot. Whenever I am online, I will be interacting in chat as much as possible!
    • Be able to control your temper. I can control my temper, and will not get overly angry and "salty" when things are not going my way.
    • Be fair. I am fair in all ways, whether it be in my giveaways, in my punishments, etc. I will treat everyone fairly in all ways.
    • Be professional. I am professional, I always put the most amount of effort into everything I do.
    • Be mature. I am very mature for my age, lots of my friends, both on Minesharp and in real life, say that I am.
    • Always pay attention to the chat. I am always paying attention, and interacting, with chat. The main reason I go on the server almost every day is because I love interacting with the community.
    Tl;dr
    I want staff.

Signing off,
    Evan|VGStudios_Playz

#1 VG, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  2. BlackTheFighter

BlackTheFighter Moderator

Yes. U deserve helper pleb. <3

3. VG

VG OG Member

Please comment suggestions for the application, as well as your feedback!

4. VG

VG OG Member

Boost! Making sure my post isn't dead, please do comment your feedback.

5. BlueBeacon

BlueBeacon OG Member

Very nice and detailed application.
    It's detailed, I don't see any gramatical errors etc.
    I wish you the best of luck and I hope you're gonna get staff once you turn 12 :D

6. VG

VG OG Member

Thank you! I wish you good luck as well.

7. MCSwavest

MCSwavest Active Member

Almost, if not better than the first one. The amount of detail you always put in your apps is stunning. I can't see why you aren't a helper yet.

8. VG

VG OG Member

Thank you so much Swavest.
    Most likely, it's my age that stops me from getting staff. I'm turning 12 soon though, and a few staff members have said that they're gonna try to get me as staff, I think this is going to be the one.

9. Brxdleyy

Brxdleyy OG Member

Having your age so low, many people won't root for you as staff. Personally, I've seen how mature you can be. Your age in this case, shouldn't matter, as your Application is incredibly detailed, you act mature around players, and are a very good role model.

I wish the best of luck, mate.

10. VG

VG OG Member

Thank you so much Brad. I wish you good luck as well.

11. Brxdleyy

Brxdleyy OG Member

Cheers mate.

12. Talia5567

Talia5567 Active Member

Very Nice application, Detailed! Wish you the best of luck! hope you get staff ;):cool::D

13. VG

VG OG Member

Thank you!

14. VG

VG OG Member

Added the following details!

Why should we choose you as staff, and not someone else?

1. I know that the Helper position is not just a green tag, and extra perms. In fact, the perms and tag are the least of my concerns. I just love helping people, and becoming Helper is just the next step.

2. I am known to be compassionate, relatable, etc. Whenever someone is feeling down, I take the time to talk to them about it. If they don't want me to, that's perfectly fine, but whenever someone needs someone to talk to, I'm always there.

3. If a member of Minesharp ever feels like I disrespected them, I will always try to make it up to them. I've done that with a few people, and they've become really good friends (Not naming names.).

15. VG

VG OG Member

Added the following details!

What would you do to make Minesharp a better environment?

I will be very active, and when I am online, be interacting with the community, and overall, having an awesome time.

2. I have noticed, during my time on Minesharp, that sometimes, staff will go afk out of nowhere, and when players ask the staff members for help, since they are afk, they will not respond, yet the player doesn't know. I will always have my Minecraft open, helping people, even when I am doing other things. I will also say when I am going afk, so that players will know when I am afk.

Why should we choose you as staff and not someone else?

The new-esk staff guidelines that ColdPath made for the Summer Update thread.

• Be very active. I am very active, and as said, can play amaximum of 54 hours a week. Whenever I am online, I will be interacting in chat as much as possible!
    • Be able to control your temper. I can control my temper, and will not get overly angry and "salty" when in certain conditions.
    • Be fair. I am fair in all ways, whether it be in my dps, in my giveaways, and in my punishments. I will not put my friends first, not punish them at all, then punish some random no ranked member for no reason. I will treat everyone fairly in all ways.
    • Be professional. I am professional. I always put the most amount of effort into everything I do.
    • Be mature. I am mature, as said above, and people in the comments have said that I am mature as well.
    • Always pay attention to the chat. I am always paying attention, and interacting, with chat. The main reason I go on Minechat every day when I'm out, is because I love interacting with the community.
    NOTE: Post is at 10000 characters, no major edits in the future.

#15 VG, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  16. VG

VG OG Member

Boost! If you haven't already, comment your feedback below!

17. YunaDahTuna

YunaDahTuna Active Member

k.
    Do you also know that you can "edit" your app by pressing the "edit" button? geeez.

18. VG

VG OG Member

I do, how else would I have added, lol.

19. BasemTube

BasemTube New Member

Wow! Your Application Very Nice But, You Need Add Letter Detials
    Good Luck Bro ^^

20. VG

VG OG Member

Letter Details? Can you elaborate on that please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.