1. Server IP: play.minesharp.net
  2. Minesharp Official Discord: https://discord.gg/ZECT4CC

TCMF's Second Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by tcmf, Aug 23, 2017.

1. tcmf

tcmf New Member

What is your Minecraft username?
    - tcmf

How long have you been playing on Minesharp?
    - For about a week, I've been playing every day since I've first founded the server and have been engaging more every day within the community and getting to know the server and members more.
    How old are you?
    - 15, turning 16 in April.
    What country and timezone are you in?
    - USA, Central Standard Time.
    On average, how many hours per week do you play?
    - I usually spend half my day either actually playing or just AFK farming my island and honestly pretty surprised on how big I've been able to get in a week worths of time but to answer the question about 84.
    Do you have any past or current moderation experiences? (Example: Owning your own server or being staff on another.) If so, how can you use that experience on Minesharp?
    - I've been staff on a server a while back, honestly forgot what it was called, but it was a factions server, kinda of medium sized. I just learned about the basic rights and wrongs of what to do while being any type of staff on a Minecraft server and not abusing my powers. No matter how big or small the server was I still got some basic experience with how being a staff on Minecraft should be like and am always open to change my ways of being a staff or adapting to the Minesharp rules.
    What would you do to make Minesharp a better environment?
    - I believe I would make Minesharp a better environment because I can get on very often and do the following,

-Mutes/Warnings
    I can and will mute players that are spamming/arguing or just disrespecting ANYONE in the Minesharp server/community. I think that players need to learn the consequences of breaking the rules so that the community isn't toxic.
    Usually, I would first start off by warning them and then proceed to mute them.

-Fixing problems
    I will always try to fix anyone's problems as soon as possible, and even if I'm personally not able to myself I would report it to someone that's higher up than me and try and get it resolved. I believe that to make anything at all successful, you really need a lot of help doing so. I will also come up with ideas to make the server better by coming up with update ideas, hosting fun events (if I can), and getting rid of all the players that are breaking the rules.

-Helping players
    Anytime I see a player ask a question in chat I will answer the question to the best of my ability, not being lazy and ignoring their question, and trying to make their time at minesharp the best that I can by talking to them and answering all their questions.

-Being mature
    I won't get into arguments with our players because of my role as a staff and will not try to fight with other staff members. If you are being immature as a staff you are being worse than an average player that is just playing the game and truly do not deserve the role. I know how and when to be serious when needed to and can also be very fun when needed to.

-Not abusing my powers
    I will not abuse my powers, only trying to help others with my powers, and not using my powers for personal problems, or personal threats. I think this is important in being a staff because if you become a staff member and start inappropriately using your powers then you are not truly helping the community out by being a staff, you are just ruining it even more.

-Staying active
    I will try and stay active on the Minesharp server, forums, discord, and anywhere else I can be and will ALWAYS report when I know for sure I'm going to be inactive for a bit of time as soon as I know. I don't have a busy schedule and will be on almost every day, helping out all and new players as they log on.

-Eliminating cheaters
    In any type of game, I don't care much about using tactics that make the game easy but just straight out cheating is unacceptable and I will punish any cheater that I catch (with proof), and investigate it until I get full evidence.

-Independence
    I won't always need another staff member to help me take care of problems, I will always try every possible way to do something myself before asking another moderator and try to learn how to fix the problem so that I don't have to ask again and just do it myself next time.

-Summary
    I have some experience of being a staff on Minecraft servers and is always open to learn and follow the new rules of being a staff in the Minesharp community. I really want this spot because I've seen that this is a great server that deserves to keep growing and growing.

Why should we choose you as staff and not someone else?
    - You should choose me as a staff because I understand the crucial parts of being a staff (not arguing, not abusing my powers, etc.) and can prove it, I'm mostly always active, and will try my best to learn everything I need to to be able to be a staff in the Minsharp community. I would really try to help out the server a lot and truly care about the server, always trying to improve it and help out with all the problems, now don't think I'm just gonna be a cop that punishes everyone, I will also be trying to make the server enjoyable by chatting with in-game players and even help them out with personal stuff, but I also won't be super nice and WILL enforce the rules of the Minsharp community and will stay dedicated to doing so. I will care about the server and always help everyone through problems with the server.

#1 tcmf, Aug 23, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  2. SloppyMilk

SloppyMilk Guest

Nice application so far. Be sure to add more information overall and I'd suggest being on MS for more than a week b4 applying.

3. tcmf

tcmf New Member

Okay thanks, I'll try to add more detail later today, but I've only been on for a week and I already basically completed my island, really nothing much I can do just afk or pvp.

4. tcmf

tcmf New Member

Added more

5. tcmf

tcmf New Member

More feedback, please! Thanks!

6. Rawr4VG

Rawr4VG OG Member

Great application, could use more detail though. Good luck.

7. TiggyDee

TiggyDee Member

Don't know if TCMF is playing again, but i'm pretty sure he quit the server.

8. Fleed

Fleed Active Member

All of these are required when you're staff so it was kind of pointless writing it but it's good to know that you know the basics of being staff. Good luck!